the madcap laughs

...and he sees fairies dancing on the lawn

Friday, April 07, 2006

Untitled

"Hi, I'm a troubled young tree, is your name tree-hugger?"

Another piece of doodling. Spring seems to be coming finally. It's not like I've been especially looking forward to it or something. In a way I dislike warmer weather for some unknown reasons. It's the time of the year again. Spring, finals and all that. It is funny how I clearly understand the situation I am in, that I should at least start catching up my mythology reading and give my monologue for the audition a good thought, but I am still not really doing anything. I guess my productive period has passed already. I suppose I used it for my essays and such. Probably one more extra stress shot is needed, as I pretty desperately need to finish up those two unfinished business with grace.

I don't know how I feel about the last acting class today. It felt a little bit weird, like a mini version of RCN graduation. I guess you all understand acting classes are a little bit different from, say, a biology class. People do open up and get closer than in normal classes, and I know it will be unlikely to bump into the people I would like to meet again unelss we both/all (audition for and) get into the program. Honestly I am not extremely close to my classmates, after all I'm an easy-to-approach-hard-to-get-to-know person. It does take time for me to let people try to guess the password for opening the blue cocoon's door. I for sure would like to keep in contact with them though, it's been a lovely semester starting to get to know them and working with them. Sad that some of them are not auditioning for the (theatre) program. It would be lovely to be working with them in the future (that is, if I get into the program myself).

Sometimes my mind is stuck on thinking about certain important (or not) issues, just like moths stuck to lamps at night. They just won't leave the lamps alone till both the moths and the lamp burn out in the morning and die, no? There is a chance that the moths just get toasted by the lamp before they realize they have been staying too close. Which one am I? I cannot even tell. The moth which hangs on till the end, dies exhausted but satisfied. That is what I want to be if I was a moth and there happens to be a lamp for me to approach. But in fact I might just be kidding myself. What makes me so determined and skillful that I won't fall and join the ranks of the ones which land on the lamps and immediately get flamed before they realize anything?

Lockpickers, thieves, tree-huggers, gardeners are welcome. Once you get through the threshold, inside the blue cocoon there is a lot for you to take care of.

2 Comments:

At Friday, April 07, 2006 10:00:00 p.m., Blogger Zhenia said...

you are the tree-hugger, but not a lamp or kisser of lamps of whatever... I just know what you talking about, I'm going through smth similar and very unpleasant.. hope it will get better ;)
hugs

 
At Sunday, April 09, 2006 3:55:00 p.m., Blogger K. said...

only able to echo the studying banana here...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home