the madcap laughs

...and he sees fairies dancing on the lawn

Sunday, April 02, 2006

It is time for us all to...

... pat little d. on the head and say 'good boy'.

EDIT: what does someone do when he has no more essays to write?

...

teach himself how to juggle! Yes, I can manage to juggle 3 balls for a short while now. I also happened to know how to juggle 2 with one hand now, for a short while. Still need to practice more. Maybe juggling with dirty sock-balls is really the way to start (at least that's what I did- I didn't have any balls to juggle with).

I have finished and printed all the essays and projects nicely and whatnot. So I basically can kind of slack off until a few days before 12th when my only exam on mythology is. Oh the joy. I can also proudly declare that the tiny bit of nerdy Asian hardworking genes in me can somehow retire for a few months now.

Alright. So I went to see Waiting for Godot last night and it was great. Absolutely worth the money. I also got to rush into a closing Subway (ugh, for those who don't know, it's a kind of sandwich kinda place)at 11pm and got a weird meatball sub which was made damn spicy with jalapeƱo(do you spell it like that?) and hot sauce. That was just satisfying.

Oh, but the day before the show I was trying to get a ticket at the theatre was kind of stupid. The theatre was on the south end of a street and the train station was on the north end- and I totally forgot about that. So I spent an hour or two walking down the street, and when I went there I found out I can only get student rush tickets for $18.5 (instead of $50 for a saturday night show) a few hours before the performance: yes, I walked so far for... ugh, nothing.

Ah, remember the girl I talked about who looked abused and such? When I was taking the train back to SFU after the unneccessary walk to the theatre, the train passed by that street. I love to look out of windows and look for things which are not supposed to be there whenever I am alone in trains. So I looked out and saw a bunch of police cars, probably ambulances also and (vaguely) those 'police line do not cross' things surrounding the front of a building. You guys saw it coming a mile ago, right? Yes, it was that very building where I first saw the girl standing in front of around, what, 2 or 3 weeks ago, I forgot. I actually thought about getting off and have a look, but then it was getting a bit late and, ugh, I had essays that I simply had to write. And I stayed on the train, kept wondering what happened.

The rest 45 minute of the train and bus ride was a bit awkward. Not because I did anything strange on the train or something. Of course I did not cry out loud nor weep, but so many questions raised in my head. Was it anything related to that girl? Was she dead? Was she really abused and finally found the police? Or did she just OD'd on something? Or was she the evil one and got arrested? What about it is actually not about her? That place is nice but can be sketchy at the same time. Other things do happen.

But what if some big misfortune happened on her, say, if she's dead or seriously injured by someone, or she OD'd on something, or she tried to kill herself? On one hand I am dying to know what went on there, but on a second thought, do I really want to know? I wouldn't mind hearing a piece of news of gossip if it has nothing to do with that girl, but if it really has something to do with that person, I could have said or done something more meaningful to help that girl a few weeks ago- although I don't really know her at all, it still doesn't feel quite right.

Ah (what a way to change the topic), I am thinking of going to second hand stores and look for something 'new' to wear... the biggest problem is me being so damn lazy though.

But it still doesn't feel quite right.

2 Comments:

At Monday, April 03, 2006 8:49:00 a.m., Blogger Tugc said...

Derek you finally wrote sth:) I actually really envy you in terms oof laziness...
as you keep writing about that girl, i start to wonder, too..BUt maybe actually sth good happened to her..who knows...

 
At Wednesday, April 05, 2006 2:54:00 p.m., Blogger Gerbrith said...

*pats Derek on the head*

I was wondering about her as well... But if you look at it in hindsight, if you had actually spoken to her, asking her what was wrong or something, she would probably have freaked out...
Normal people don't talk to strangers on the streets. We've been accustomed to the strange unreal behaviour of UWC. No one cares about anyone else in the real world I guess...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home