the madcap laughs

...and he sees fairies dancing on the lawn

Tuesday, March 14, 2006



oday was strange. I was supposed to have classes from half past eight in the morning to five thirty in the evening. But I half delibrately skipped my first and my last class was cancelleed.

EDIT: on a second thought, don't read unless you want to waste the next 5 minutes of your life. I will come up with something better tomorrow. By the way I watched 'the Exorcism of Emily Rose' just to run away from my German revision. Remember the girl I talked about on the street? At some point in the movie Emily Rose reminds me of her face... don't ask why. Probably any bruised female face will remind me of that girl's.

So I woke up at 8:20, thinking I'd rather sleep for two more hours, saving some energy for my 3-hour-acting class at the end of the day, than going to my mythology lecture. Don't know if I would make it in time anyway. Then fate was having a little fun with me, when I finally made it to the last class of my day, the acting class which I was actually looking forward to, there was a note saying the class was cancelled. Good that I met a girl who is in both my mythology and acting class on the way back. I told her the acting class was cancelled, and she told me the mythology lecture was boring like empty bottles. Well well.

So tomorrow I am having a German test and then an audition for my summer job thing. I honestly did not have too much time to prepare for my monologue before, nor had I special inspirations about how to do it. Then when I was talking to myself, asking why I haven't really studied for the test and wondering how the hell am I going to do a good monologue tomorrow, I found Ophelia. I am doing Ophelia's monologue from Heiner Müller's 'die Hamletmaschine' in case I haven't repeated it enough. Inspirations are interesting little things. I wish I could let you guys see the thing I came up with. I know I still cannot shake off my usual style but I think what I came up with was pretty gorgeous. At least now I kind of know how to approach the piece and I'm using this audition as a test, so that I'll do even better in the audition for majoring in theatre here in SFU. Eh maybe I should actually study a little bit more German. Or well, I have two hours tomorrow morning planned for that. I'll be fine I guess.

So I will tell you about how it went, and also my little quest for finding that out of nowhere audition place. Probably I should walk around a bit also, depending on when I finish the audition.

Anyway sorry for the boring shit I keep coming up with these days.

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, March 15, 2006 9:12:00 a.m., Blogger Tugc said...

I was not in the room when you wrote me a couple of days ago,sorry:(
heniways...i m still thinking if i should take german or spanish next year, or both?
good luck with yours

 

Post a Comment

<< Home