the madcap laughs

...and he sees fairies dancing on the lawn

Monday, March 06, 2006

I love rainy days.

As I have always insisted in Flekke, sunny days just give me the energy to freak out. There is a word devoted to sunny skies in my chinese name already. I don't need more energy, violence and arrogance. It's rainy today. At least it has been cloudy all day- the kind of cloudy days Flekke used to have. Full of clouds all day, and everyone is waiting for the first raindrop to fall. Rainy days. I remember I played once or twice outside with my father outside in heavy rain. Or maybe it is my pure imagination. Honestly I don't remember most of my childhood. I do mean it. Not to be attention seeking or something, I don't remember most of my life before I was 13 years old probably. There are really deep things that were kind of imprinted in me though. I do clearly remember I argued with my uncle (dad's older brother) that my shoes looked better than his, and got slapped by him because he (well...) lost the argument (very uglily)- and it happened when I was around 4 or 5. And since then I have never ever seen him nor his wife nor his kids again. And as far as I know my dad has never talked to him since then. Of course later I have learnt that it is also because of my uncle slapped my grandma (dad's mom) over some stupid argument- Actually I don't know much about my dad's family because my dad has disconnected himself from it mostly. Then the next thing I remember is a toy which can transform itself from a rock to a dragon which my grandma (dad's mom) gave me, and my grandma's food. I also remember watching my grandma occasionally having snakes' gall bladder with a shot of chinese alcohol. That's basically it for my childhood. I don't know what I'm trying to say. Guess having a couple of shots of vodka at 5pm on a depressing day is not too appropriate... scheiße.

Anyway alcohol does take away one's bad mood and troubles though.

Especially when you thought everything is under control and suddenly everything has disappeared and you don't know what you are doing- I feel like I'm just hanging on for the sake of hanging on, without a reason, without knowing what I am actually doing at the moment.

Guess hiding in my head helps. At least it should help me sort out what or who the fuck I am.

4 Comments:

At Tuesday, March 07, 2006 9:39:00 a.m., Blogger Tugc said...

I guess the time alcohol works properly is, when you are in a good mood and drinking,..Then you get the nicest drunkness:)
I like sunshine, no matter what i guess..Because generally when it is raining i feel depressed..

 
At Tuesday, March 07, 2006 10:55:00 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rain is good. It washes things (away).
And if you are (stupid) enough (like some of us) and stand in the rain long enough and then come in some place warm and dry, it feels as if you have a new body. It is one of the strangest things ever. Especially if you take a nice, warm shower afterwards (DAMN it miss Flekke)...

Time for me to spend some qualty time with some beer,

Cheerios!

Kabooom

 
At Wednesday, March 08, 2006 8:28:00 a.m., Blogger Gerbrith said...

Sun is what brings smiles to every face here... remember that day in the spring last year, when everyone, every single persn on campus dressed in summer clothes and smiled all day?

Anyway, sometimes I feel like my head is full of black water... those days I cannot hide in my head, and those are the most difficlut to get through.

 
At Thursday, March 09, 2006 4:45:00 p.m., Blogger Akın Aytekin said...

when it rains, it is not only the raindrops that come down onto the ground. If we could see the drops in slow motion, we would see a lot of memories in them... am i wrong?
peace

 

Post a Comment

<< Home