the madcap laughs

...and he sees fairies dancing on the lawn

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Late nights are good for writing.

I usually don't feel like writing during the day, especially if I'm completely sober. And I just did my German test yesterday so basically all the stress of this week is over. Plus I sent my resumé off to the theatre company thing, hoping I will get a chance to interview while on the other hand hoping I won't so that I can go back to Hong Kong and find a relatively less demanding (but less well-paid) job. Anyway.

As I was walking alone along the Drive today... Before talking about that- maybe I should talk a little bit about the Drive itself although I don't know much about it. (It's actually just an excuse to let myself think about what to talk about...) So, the real name's Commercial Drive and somehow they just call it the Drive sometimes. Full of coffee shops and other interesting things. I don't know much about it actually although I've been there a few times. Whatever. I don't really know what to say about it. So, I was walking alone along the Drive today after my German test, I felt funny. In a good way. I wanted to laugh like a maniac. There was this feeling of extreme freedom even if people look a little bit strange at you as I didn't see too many Chinese there strangely. Never felt like that when I was on campus. Really don't know why though. I just don't feel too comfortable around on campus somehow. But today when I was wandering (literally simply wandering) on the street, looking into coffee shops and other interesting little stores without any purpose (I didn't even want coffee at all- had a HUGE cup of it before my German test that morning), it kind of felt like walking along the student village road. The one in Flekke I'm talking about.

Ah fuck. This post is as dry as my eyes. Later.

2 Comments:

At Thursday, February 23, 2006 10:02:00 a.m., Blogger Tugc said...

Maybe the things are improving,who knows?

 
At Friday, February 24, 2006 9:52:00 a.m., Blogger Zhenia said...

lucky you... I can cross my campus in 5 mins without a porpus... later I'll have to think, so do I walk till next city (which is 1 hour away by car) or should I just come back to my room? :' yeap, it's sooo much fun :)

Wie ist deines Deutsch? ;P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home