the madcap laughs

...and he sees fairies dancing on the lawn

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Raindrops keep falling on my head

'What is,' he thinks, 'the speed of time?' The young man is sitting under a huge Maple tree. Phoebus is having his day off and Zeus's the sub for the day. Sitting next to a napping Elk, Kered is deep in his thoughts while staring at the falling raindrops...

'It is so strange. When you are counting the days it goes so slowly, and when you gave up counting for a reason or another, time just starts dashing pass you.' The voice in his head goes on talking. The scarier thing is, the young man is turning 20 in roughly half a year's time. An Elk wakes up and slowly turns his head to the young man, staring at him with lazy, blank eyes, trying to figure out if it should start to run for its life. 'What the hell, even if I talk to humans they are not gonna understand my words anyway,' so the young man starts talking to the Elk, 'have you ever thought about that? We are like some kind of weird filters for time. When it is flowing towards us, it seems so, you know, smooth, or even sticky- like melted chocolate. Slow and steady. And then for some mysterious reasons once time hits us and goes through us, strange things happen to it.' Strangely enough, the Elk is still looking at the boy as if it is genuinely intrigued. The Elk made a confused sound. 'Yes, strange things. Like, it suddenly becomes some sort of light, quick material. Probably a stream of wild clouds, or water, or gas. You can't catch it, and when you look back at it, it's trying its very damn best to run away from you, as fast and as far as possible... oh.'

The rain stopped. The Elk walks towards the young man and nudges the young man gently, gesturing that he should go on its back. 'You wanna take me out for a ride? Sure thing!'

And there they go.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Bad attepmt. Anyway hope you guys get what I mean.
It feels so soon but I have indeed left Hong Kong again for half a year already, and I will finish my first year at SFU in roughly a month and a half's time. At first I thought this semester is gonna be a real damn long one, but apparently I was wrong. And winter has slowly become history also, it is nearly two months old already- and it just feels like it all happened yesterday. Strange. I am turning 20 next Sepetmber for the love of Aphrodite! I'm starting my 2nd decade of my life, and it is just, scary. I don't remember a lot about what I thought or did when I was a kid, but I do clearly remember one thoughgt I had: I will never turn 20 because it takes too long. But now I am! Something that I am not ready to take. Time works in a mysterious way. I do believe time does not flow evenly. It's us who invented the concept of measuring time anyway. We might be wrong. Maybe I should try to prove the uneven speed of time.
-----------------------------------------------------------
As I haven't written anything too meaningful for quite a long time- I will go on bullshitting a bit I guess. It's not like I have a lot to do these days. There are things that I could be doing but I don't have to. Maybe I can talk a bit about alcohol. Or I'd rather not- I mean, nah, forget about it.
-----------------------------------------------------------
This is usually not my type of music. But it is used in Trainspotting (ah come on, THE movie that I can watch 5 times in a day!)- and I just happen to fall in love with the song. It is like Mad World the second or somethihng. The song was played during the Renton OD sequence. Remember he sinks into the floormat, and down and down and down, then Mother Superior calls a cab and sends him to A&E?

Perfect day

Just a perfect day,
Drink Sangria in the park,
And then later, when it gets dark,
We go home.
Just a perfect day,
Feed animals in the zoo
Then later, a movie, too,
And then home.

Oh it's such a perfect day,
I'm glad I spent it with you.
Oh such a perfect day,
You just keep me hanging on,
You just keep me hanging on.

Just a perfect day,
Problems all left alone,
Weekenders on our own.
It's such fun.
Just a perfect day,
You made me forget myself.
I thought I was someone else,
Someone good.

Oh it's such a perfect day,
I'm glad I spent it with you.
Oh such a perfect day,
You just keep me hanging on,
You just keep me hanging on.

You're going to reap just what you sow,
You're going to reap just what you sow,
You're going to reap just what you sow,
You're going to reap just what you sow...
------------------------------------------------
Nothing too meaningful in the end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home