the madcap laughs

...and he sees fairies dancing on the lawn

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Floating in space.

It's Saturday.

Saturdays have always been my super slacking off days. By that I mean the whole day would be spent either daydreaming, reading non-academic stuff (still reading Stanislavsky at the moment- been slacking off even on that too much lately), watching movies (it could be the same movie repeated for a few times, e.g. Trainspotting, Lovers of the Arctic Circle, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Donnie Darko, Finding Neverland, et cetera), playing stupid computer games, etc. Of course today is no Artaud-damn exception.

Actually I started the day by watching kids playing in the leftover, half melted snow in a plastic slide/wanna-be sledge thing for an hour or so, while eating a half burnt canteen omlette. It's just so amazing to see them having so much fun on that 10 metre slope covered with wanna-be snow. Sometimes they slide, sometimes they try to walk down without falling. Then two of them started to build something using a bucket- you know, like how you use a bucket to build sand castles. The sweetheart filled it with snow, took it beside her friend and she turned the bucket upside down.

The feeling of expecting something, expecting the clever method works, expecting a perfect little hill of snow.

With so much excitment and expectation, the little girl lifted the bucket quickly just like how she opened her Christmas gifts 2 months ago- there was nothing on the ground. The snow was stuck in the bucket, packed too tight. I could see the excitment and happiness fade on the two girls' faces. I felt it myself. I know how such things feel. Trying too hard, planning too well, eh? Kids are stubborn as I said. So with a mix of disappointment and still some expectation, the girl tapped the bucket exactly like how we tap bottoms of ketchup bottles. The girl is not a baby but you can still see the 'baby movements' when she tapped the bucket- gentle but yet the movements are a little bit un-coordinated.

Tap, tap-tap, tap-tap, ta-

Five and a half taps. What can five and a half taps do? Wake a person from sleep? Make someone open the door from the inside? Or from the outside? Plays five notes and then ends with an extra staccato on the piano? Tickles sometime? You would never imagine five and a half taps could ruin all the fun about playing in snow, would you? The snow in the bucket just fell down like, almost like how I would visualize a diarrhoea. Sblurghep. Everything just fell out. The last bit of hope was gone. My heart sank with the two girls'. To avoid starting a Saturday in a weird mood, mourning something which has nothing to do with me, I took a sip of orange juice, shifted my focus from the snow to the trees nearby and started going on adventures in the blue cocoon.

The details of the adventures are not important for I can go on for as long as I wish. But when I'm finally back from the blue cocoon, I again realized kids are really stubborn.

The two girls have built something with the bucket already.

After that I got a cup of coffee and walked back to where I am now. Been sipping coffee and visiting the blue cocoon again till now. Nothing too interesting in there for y'all. You guys won't know how it's like even if I tell you about it anyway. Or well, I just don't know how to. :)



P.S. No... no and no. I look at little boys and girls because I want to be them, NOT because I find them hot.

P.P.S. I don't know what the title has to do with the content of this post.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

So you have listened long enough to make it to the hidden track of the album. I have a question. Isn't it just boring to read such nonsense? Don't answer it out loud. Actually, do if you wanna. I would like to hear you say 'no, it's not boring'. Haaa.

Anyway as usual, this hidden track will be no different from hidden tracks on other albums (they are usually: technical mistakes that the producer forgot to cut out, rough recordings, raw sound samples, or random boring things).

My practice chanter and the practice goose will come on around the 30th of March. Paying on the internet is incredibly slow especially when you don't have a Artaud-damn credit card. Well hope I can at least make some sounds and play simple tunes before going to Vittu's.

My long, white ash-wood made pipe will come some time between late next (coming) week or early the week after. Then it will be time to contemplate the real meaning of 'temporarily quitting'. When should I start again? I should actually insert a picture of how my pipe looks like... there you go:



I believe clicking on it makes it bigger. It says it's like 16-inches long. I am gonna have so much fun learning how to aim the long stem + mouthpiece smoothly at my mouth... And just in case you haven't figured out, the kind of U-shaped thing is just the rack for holding the pipe. I am not stupid enough to get a pipe WITH the rack attached on it yet-

Anyway I'm done with this hidden track crap.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shine on darlings.
Days have been jolly good.
It's the snow.
I knew it.

After proof-reading my post, I found out I really need new inspirations. (And I also really need a grammar handbook for the beginners of English)

Really don't want my blog to become merely a boring log book.
Ah well, maybe I can start writing plays on my blog.

3 Comments:

At Sunday, March 12, 2006 12:18:00 a.m., Blogger Tugc said...

I like reading your blogs, i just couldnt pay enough attention these days since i was not in richmond;)keep writing..if someone thinks it is boring, that means they are boring anyways;)

 
At Sunday, March 12, 2006 3:31:00 a.m., Blogger derniko said...

Talking of floating in space -

"Do You Realize - that you have the most beautiful face
Do You Realize - we're floating in space -
Do You Realize - that happiness makes you cry
Do You Realize - that everyone you know someday will die

And instead of saying all of your goodbyes - let them know
You realize that life goes fast
It's hard to make the good things last
You realize the sun doesn't go down
It's just an illusion caused by the world spinning round"

The Flaming Lips - Do You Realize?? (http://hype.non-standard.net/track/6137)

Hugs from Scotland, that has once again been covered in snow...
-Niko

 
At Sunday, March 12, 2006 7:57:00 p.m., Blogger K. said...

laugh,madcap,laugh.never cease to laugh
love from amherst,k


p.s.:T. and I were discussing how our meeting would have been perfect if you were there too... just btw...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home