the madcap laughs

...and he sees fairies dancing on the lawn

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Heute versuche ich auf deutsch schreiben.

Die Mythologieprüfung hatte ich heute. Sicher bin ich, dass sie war nicht zu böse. Ich ist nicht die letzte Vorlesung (?) geganganen, aber ich habe die Powerpoint-präsentation von der Professor gelesen, und es habe die Fragen dieses Jahr gegeben. Ich glaube, dass alles aber ich nach der vorlesung die gewusst habe. Hatte ich viel glück, weil ich nie seine Präsentationen lese. Na ja, dann ich habe die antworten den MC Fragen auch gewusst. Ach, was noch habe ich getan? Nichts, ich glaube. Die Sackpfeife-thingy ist noch nicht hier. Ich weiß nicht, was passiert ist. Hoffentlich kommt die vor 18th. Hoffentlich. Ugh, ich habe etwas kein Geld in meiner 'Essenkarte'- das meint, dass ich ausessen muss. (Does the word ausessen exist actually?)

I am pretty sure I messed some grammar up. Especially word order and the occasional trial to use the genitive case which I haven't learnt and probably won't (at least in class- don't think I will take german courses next semester). Well at least I tried. Probably I'll get myself a dictionary and then go on reading my German book myself and keep myself from forgetting what I have learnt.

All thee who master the throat crashing European tongue, I beseech (?) you, fear not of anything for I myself make solemn requsts for generous corrections of the humble attempt of mine.

All of you who do speak proper english can also correct the weird paragraph above.

So... I'm pretty much just bored, honestly. Maybe I should just watch Trainspotting for the ten balouzavillionth time. Ah. Time to practise juggling a bit.

3 Comments:

At Sunday, April 16, 2006 2:35:00 p.m., Blogger K. said...

i think ausessen should just aus essen be. i dont think they belong together. I guess however that derniko will know best and will comment when he reads this ;)
my german isn't much better despite my flkadgla;hjka years of studying it.
btw, i think i will be in norway between 18 and 22-3 of may or sth. you?

I went to a uwc boston reunion this weekend. will post about it later. some shocking news about someone.

anyways, i am going back to dealing wiht my existential crisis, you take care and keep drawing tree-men, i love them :)

p.s. your letter combinations aren't much better, believe me!wtf: hcszjigi!

 
At Tuesday, April 18, 2006 6:00:00 p.m., Blogger derniko said...

That german is quite impressive, considering you've been studying it for only a year...
Ausessen does not really exist in any form, I think (although your blog post is the 5th result on Google for "ausessen" :P) . If what you are trying to say is that you have some money left on the card that you need to eat for to empty the card, you would use "abessen", because you take something away (the ab prefix) by eating. Aufessen would be finishing a apecific meal only.
Throat crashing, hm ;) . I'm still very proud of my thrrrroat rrrr :D .

 
At Thursday, April 20, 2006 5:54:00 p.m., Blogger Zhenia said...

hey, good job :) really, we've spent the whole year studying German and while I can't yet make sense of what I wanna say in Deatsch, you are writing essays :P Really, I understood some parts of it... Unfortunately, I'm not taking German next semester either... must consentrate on my major, so I'll keep doing Spanish, which I'm finally speaking :D:D:D:D:D impressing myself/
Anyhow, I think you are already done with school and hopefully you got back safely...Besides, I'm going home very soon too, and I'm definetly goind to spend most of my time infront of my comp catching up with all the letter writing and talkings on slype.. so I hope to see you there, tree-man ;)
take care,
hugs

 

Post a Comment

<< Home