the madcap laughs

...and he sees fairies dancing on the lawn

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Let's just write something.

My weekend was actually semi-productive.

At least I tried to study for my German test, although the dative case and the massive amount of vocab is still killing me. Anyway the test will be on Wednesday so I still have some time. And I surprisingly finished the readings for my mythology class on Tuesday. Not only that, I actually started to write an essay for the coming Tuesday while I can choose to write for the next week or even the one after. Weird me. Hopefully I would be able to finish it tomorrow- as you all remember, I have Mondays FREE!

It has been pouring outside this weekend. So it eliminated the chance for me to wander around Vancouver. Maybe it is a good thing as I have been slacking off a lot last week. So today is Chinese New Year. Honestly I don't care too much about it. There was some wanna-be Chinese food at the canteen for dinner today. I never trusted the wanna-be foreign food there so I didn't try. My floormates apparently didn't like what they get. Lucky enough for me to get a burger and fries. Oh my, am I turning North American? Ah well. Let's hope not. Yeah, so I had a pretty bad week actually. Hope things will go better in the coming one.

Single life is still weird for me. Apparently I am getting over it, but on the other hand it is just weird that I have no one to miss and to care about so much in that sense anymore. Of course I still care about my friends from Flekke, but you all know what I mean. It is just weird. Does everyone treat love and relationships as important as I do? How about those people who party or study or work all the time? Are they just pretending not to care, but deep in their heart, the craving for love and affection is creeping up their throat? Then again I am not craving for a relationship with anyone I guess. You don't just switch to heroin after being rescued from a cocaine OD. At least I would still on one hand be scared of ODing on cocaine again, but on the other hand secretly wish for more of it. But after an overdose, the fear increases and thus lowers the level of addiction in a sense. Then again one gets so used to it and would not like to switch to some other ones- at least not in a short period of time. One gets good quality of that in a place called Flekkeland, by the way. Then, the time of recovering from an OD comes. That's the time when legal and less potent things come up- for example cigarettes. One just start to make hi-bye friends like smoking cigarettes. It only occupies one a short period of time and the effect is no way as strong as any of the hard drugs. Except giving you short period of illusions of relaxation or concentration, in the long run it does not do any good. You find cigarettes everywhere anyway. How about alcohol then? Alcohol is always there for you. It makes you feel warm and light. It sometimes makes you hyper, sometimes makes you sleep tight. When you are happy, it makes you happier. When you are sad, it makes you forget. Ironically, the best place to get alcohol is also Flekke, and you get good alcohol there. It can get as addictive and dangerous as, in this case cocaine, but it is way less dangerous in a sense. Alcohol poisoning is possible, but not as easy as a cocaine overdose.

No, I am not a cocaine addict. I don't use it. I am just merely trying to use it as a bad metaphor of tonight's madcap laughs.

Oh, and how could I forget the most productive talk with Vittu on Saturday? It was even more productive than the working proccess of our graduation speech. By the way, does anyone by any chance have a soft copy of the speech? I remember I or Vittu sent some to people who asked, and interestingly I lost it for some weird reasons. I just suddenly wanted to read it again.

For some reasons I don't want to end this post here, maybe writing a diary sort of thing makes me think of I am either talking to myself or someone- but I can't think of too much to say though. Let's just wind up here and if I think of more to write instead of going to sleep, I'll write another post.

Fight on. Don't let the machines get you.

1 Comments:

At Friday, February 10, 2006 10:15:00 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

you boi keeping uo the crazy spirit tht has always characterized u.........man......i gotta be in the mood of riting some good shit,,,so i need weed......aight boi keep it real

Hans...AKA...escobar

 

Post a Comment

<< Home