the madcap laughs

...and he sees fairies dancing on the lawn

Monday, January 16, 2006

I like watching cartoons.

Spending much more time in the common (TV) room on my floor, I found out I still haven't grown out of watching cartoons. From classics like the Flinstones, Mickey Mouse to more politically incorrect South Park and the Simpsons. I don't know why, but I am just not too into those teenage or adult shows like Lost, CSI or the OC. Maybe watching cartoons helps keeping my inner child alive, or maybe I am just another wanna-be Peter Pan, who flies and never grows up.

I found out Dunhill cigarettes are cheaper than Camel here, because Camel is imported. There are, of course cheaper Canadian cigarettes around, but I just cannot stand the bad and cheap taste of them. I am killing myself anyway, why not making it a little bit more enjoyable? HA. Talk about inner childs. The topic of smoking doesn't really connect well with cigarette smoking, does it?

Anyway the guy in the store surprisingly remembers me buying Camel regularly (while I thought it is the only decent cheaper brand here, before the Dunhill discovery)- he also remembers me asking about the price of rolling tobacco, and before I asked, he told me he still haven't figured out the price. It is kind of surprising that he actually remembers. Ah well, maybe there aren't too many long-haired Chinese guys buying cigarettes around here.

So free Monday has soon come to an end, tomorrow will be a whole day of classes. I still haven't figured out what is going on in Hesiod's Theogony- the genesis story of Greek mythology. I just can't keep wondering how the ancient Greek understand his stuff when more than 100 names appear within 1000 lines of the epic. Anyway, I am off to play some games- I am just sick of reading Greek mythology at the moment. Still got Ovid's Metamorphesis to read later tonight. Hope I won't suck too much or make myself look stupid in the lecture + tutorial (which comes RIGHT afterwards with the same prof.- he himself said the arrangement is a little bit stupid).

Shine on. (Sorry T., I just can't stop myself stealing part of your blog title...)

3 Comments:

At Tuesday, January 17, 2006 4:18:00 a.m., Blogger derniko said...

Cartoons are incredible. I still have some 8 VHS tapes at home, full with cartoons my dad and me taped from TV, but nearly only Disney stuff. Cartoons just have something about them that "normal" movies don't, the limits of reality. That's why there are still no mobile phones in the new Donald Duck cartoons, they'd make the problems too "real", and maybe too simple. Those commerciel teenage series try to represent some scenario in reality to you, that *could* be real, and it wants you to be anxious, excited, or just soaked up in the angst of the story. Cartoons aren't that nasty to you.

Heniways, enough ranting from my side. As Goofy would say (and I just saw a Goofy cartoon on the plane from Hannover to London :D ), Uh-huck (when he laughs :D).

With cartoony hugs (with eyes bulging out and all that),
Niko (who firmly believes the world would be a better place if people watched more good cartoons)

 
At Tuesday, January 17, 2006 2:44:00 p.m., Blogger Tugc said...

All the cartoon Lovers in the world,Unite! :D
Dont worry monkey,you can steal my blog title;)

 
At Wednesday, January 18, 2006 6:37:00 a.m., Blogger Egetusmeister said...

I still say Tom and Jerry. Oh, so violent. I wonder how my parents allowed me to watch that when I was like 3... Remember the marathons on that christmas break? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home