the madcap laughs

...and he sees fairies dancing on the lawn

Monday, January 09, 2006

Mist.

It's been raining last night. So it seems to be a custom up on the SFU mountain that mist or fog comes afterwards. It is misty and confusing. Yet it is so exciting- because you cannot see what's ahead of you and it sort of gives you a little glimmer of hope, whether false or not.

Spent some time buying books and talking to Her sister today. She is shocked also. She wants to talk to her also. Ah you, N. G., leave a comment if you actually read my blog. I would be glad you read my stuff.

I really appreciate the ability of younger people to handle things. I think Her sister is a very good example. Just turned 15(?) in September, but I can see so much maturity and determination in her suggestions and advices, and so much warmth and care in her comforts and understandings. Fifteen. Maybe because we are both Virgos, maybe because she just is similar to me. I don't know. Suddenly I realized she has really become a close friend of mine. Not one like the ones I met in Flekke, maybe she has become a little sister of mine also. Who knows? She is going to turn into a great person in a few years' time I am sure. Maybe she knew quite a lot about the whole thing already, maybe she doesn't really know too much until I told her so much today. The thing is, she actually does understand pretty much the whole situation, my thoughts, maybe Her thoughts too within an hour or two. She actually made me feel so much better because she understood my mistakes before winter in a flash of light. Sigh. If it was really not because of someone else, I still sense a little bit glimmer of hope. Maybe I am just dreaming again.

Was chatting a little bit with one of the dining hall staff and surprisingly she remembers I'm the happy guy who is going to Switzerland to meet up with his girlfriend for winter. Got a little 'good luck' from her. Got to know that she tried to quit smoking on the 4th of January or something, which was her husband's birthday. Then that nice lady smile and said, 'what the hell, it was my man's birthday. I don't want to connect that day with quitting smoking.' And of course she haven't quitted. It was her new year resolution she told me. I said to her, 'well, things happen and go well when you don't plan them. But once you get damn serious and have plans and expectations, they always fall apart. At least they don't go the same way as they were planned.' Well it wasn't the exact wordings but she did agree with me.

Oh I finally went to get my books for my Classical Mythology course. Ha- I know I am taking some random courses. Calculus last semester, Mythology this. Mythology is going to be fun though. I guess it will just be a little bit of analysing stories which were written thousands of years ago. Nothing bad I guess. Just a little bit sad that it is all about Greek mythology but nothing Norse or something else.

I have thought about getting to the liqour store today. But then... first, I have classes tomorrow. And second, She doesn't like me drinking like that. Third, Her sister was so worried that I would do something to hurt myself. *whispers to myself: it's not really like I have done absolutely nothing but yeah...* So, maybe draining half a litre of vodka down my throat is a little bit unwise. Then again I do miss the old days before Norwray a little bit. Hiding in my room late at night, gulping down vodka shots after shots. It was the time when Smirnoff was still above-average. Ah well. So maybe I shouldn't get any today. I will keep my hope and wait until everything is absolutely clear, and then I will know for sure if the time will come.

Anyway, maybe I should read some of my mythology books for fun. People are having classes anyway. There isn't much I can do at the moment. Oh wait- my mom is talking to me on MSN.

Shine on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home