the madcap laughs

...and he sees fairies dancing on the lawn

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Intense day.

Classes from 830 to 1130, and then from 1230 to 1730. One has to admit starting a week like this is just intense- remember I don't have any classes on Mondays? Ring any bells? Good.

So I got back the mythology essay I thought I fucked up severely. It turned out to be fine, at least it wasn't that bad. 11.5 out of 15. I guess I can't ask for too much more since I haven't really put TOO much effort in it. Handed in the second out of the four essays I need to write for the course and the prof seems to be alright with my arguments. Anyway, it isn't really anything important.

So let's go on about reporting the day (it would pretty much be all the major happenings in the week anyway). Then the stage management lecture. It seemed fine, at least I was one of the few who actually spoke up and stuff. And I shouldn't forget buying a ticket to see Vincent in Brixton, partly for the course, partly for entertainment. Yeah, and the acting class was as intense as usual, energy draining but rewarding and valuable. Really. At least this is the class from which I learn the most. Good that my prof said I did something good and stuff- maybe I shouldn't really go into detail since they don't really matter for you guys. Those aren't really anything too special/serious anyway.

Well, I have a German test tomorrow and I am tired. But I don't feel like sleeping yet- there must be some mysterious spirits whispering words into my head.

Actually not much thoughts or anything like that are planned to be written in this post. Just that I haven't talked to any of my co-/1st years today because of my massive amount of classes on Tuesdays, and I feel a bit, I don't know. Actually I have talked with a couple of people during and between classes and it was okay. Someone from my acting class said I am really fun to work with. I honestly don't really know how to take compliments. I just told her 'only when I'm not tired or feeling lazy'. Still wondering how to reply to compliments. Should I go for the fake passionate 'REALLY? OH THANKS!', the cold and weird 'Really. Uh. Hm. Thanks.', or should I stick to my as-honest-as-possible answer (as in the reply I actually used)? It doesn't matter much, does it? Or do those Canadians take these little things seriously? Wouldn't know.

Still wondering if my play would be chosen. Today was the deadline- and I hope the play arrived at their hands, at least. What else? Yeah, I will be done with everything about this semester on 18th April. Afterwards I am completely free. Hong Kong and a S(pring)ummer-job probably.

Oh, I am trying to make a skirt from an old T-shirt and a top of mine. Yes, a skirt. For some reasons I want one to wear with my pants/jeans sometimes. 'Which ones?' One might ask. The big loose white and dark-blue stripes one that I always wear when I am in a hurry for classes in Flekke is the top. And the T-shirt is the long, grey one with a purple clown's head in the middle. I am still thinking about if I should chop the clown T-shirt up since I kind of like it. But... I really would like to see what I can make out of those two big pieces of cloth- you guys might see the result, might not. Vittu will see it at home for sure.

Anyway, I should off to bed or think a bit about what I should do with the skirt idea.

Have fun! (Apparently I am in a semi-good mood today, and it should last for a couple of days- t'least until next Tuesday.)

P.S. People on another floor in my residence building are organizing a coming-out party for one of the guys on that floor. I was somehow asked if I wanna go there- yeah, why not? But the excuse/reason was a little bit funny I think... well it's a good thing though. I admire people who dare to admit who they are.

Just like I admit that I am a madcap monkey.

Although sometimes I only call myself a monkey, or a madcap.

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, February 01, 2006 7:54:00 a.m., Blogger Tugc said...

Soon studying is gonna kill me..Yesterday night i was studying until 2 am..Well, i m glad i did that though, for some reason,and not missing any classes give me some sort of relaxation inside..I dont wanna say at the end of this semester that i didnt do whati could have done,like in last semester..I ll study and during the summer i m just gonna rest..Which is fair enough i guess:)
(This sounded like a blog though:) )
I wonder how those creations of yours will be..Would you mind letting me know as well?:)

 
At Friday, February 03, 2006 9:21:00 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favourite madcap monkey.

Hope you are doing well. I just won a battle against an insane exam.

Canadians should be cool people. Go to the party. Worst case scenario:
You'll get to drink ;) (freeloader style).

Miss you a lot. Hoping for the best for your play.

;)

Kabooom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home