the madcap laughs

...and he sees fairies dancing on the lawn

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Puss in the Boots

Exactly.
This entry will be about my day looking for a pair of boots.

So little Derek finally decided to go out and do something in the heat of summer. It was genuinely weird. I actually went out, walking around in the crowd and the heat looking for a single pair of boots which might not even exist.

Walking around on the street in Hong Kong is somewhat fun, if it wasn't that bloody hot. As usual I was sweating like hell because of the massive amount of hair I have on my head. My hair for sure can function as a fur hat in winter (and in fact it worked in Norway, at least.). Putting headphones on, listening to random music and walking on the street, looking at how people stare at me wherever I go can be fun. Well also it can be annoying of course- I hate people staring for no valid reasons. And me looking weird is NOT a valid reason. Or well, they might just wanted to have a good look at me and figure out if I am male or female. You know, guys rarely have such long hair here.

So I have been walking around in a few mini shopping malls and shops, looking for a pair of longer boots. Yes. Longer than the cherry-red ones I have. In a shop I saw a pair of purple boots which made my day for a little while. But then they only have size 4. Who on earth could wear such a small shoe? These bloody stupid shops. Then little Derek went on to check out another shop which only sells extravagant boots only, which is a bit discouraging. Well then of course I gave up. Do you think I really enjoy walking around under 33°C of heat? Neh.

I also found out people actually like to talk to me randomly on the street. W-w-wait. I remember there were 3 occasions when some random people talked to me suddenly for different purposes. It happened within the last 3 hours- and dear I can only remember two now. What the hell is wrong with my memory seriously? It's getting annoying. Uh, yea, someone stopped me while I was walking from one shop to another, doing some kind of survey for a magazine. The questions were kind of weird. He asked me what I was using to listen to music- fine, iPod. 'And why?' That was a tough question. I just told him something like, because the memory size is rather big I think. Then that young guy went on asking me if I am planning to buy and audio/video products in the near future. And I was like 'what the hell... neh.' And now, here comes the most random ending question I have ever seen in a survey: which is your favourite movie and why? Then well, I was just listening to the soundtrack of 'the Dreamers' so I just told him it was my fav. And I asked him if I should do a deep analysis on it and explain... and I just started bullshitting basically- what the heck? I like a movie usually just because the feeling it gives is nice... what more can I say?

So there I went, 'Well it's the Italian director Bertolucci's final work and it's about some wild daring youths in the 60's in Paris... blah blah blah...'

And then the cool-looking photographer took some pictures of me. While he's taking pictures there were two weird guys staring and pointing at me weirdly, I think they babbled something but I couldn't hear. Then the interviewer asked if I knew them, and I was like, neh. Then I asked him back and both him and the photographer said no...

On the way back in the train station there was a guy who looked like a Chinese tourist asked me about how to get to Kowloon (I was in Causeway Bay) (Sorry to those who don't live in Hong Kong. Go to google and get a map of Hong Kong. Preferrably the MTR map and you'll know.) so I told him.

Nothing interesting really, but I am just surprised how people like to interrupt the others who are listening to music and walking on their own.

What a day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home