the madcap laughs

...and he sees fairies dancing on the lawn

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Dienstag

So I just made my entry's dates appear in German. And I found out Dienstag means Tuesday. (thanks Jani for spotting out the typo. I swear it IS a typing mistake. Of course i know what Dienstag is.) You might wonder why the hell would I use german suddenly. No, not because of Salome. Not completely at least - she speaks Swiss German which is some completely different shit. I mean, of course she speaks regular German, but anyway. The bigger reason is actually is that I am going to take German courses next semester as some general requirement shit to fill up my credit hours. Well there's nothing bad in learning a new language I guess, though I know Español (oh dear Latinos from Flekke...) might be more useful. I took German for some valid reasons of course. First, I feel like doing so. (As I felt like how I did my theatre portfolio. By the way, after 2 long weeks, Alistair still hasn't replied my email, requesting to see the component scores of my Theatre Arts IB... and yes, I might want a remark. And yes, I am one little ambitious, or well, greedy, monkey when we talk about theatre.) Yep back to the track, second, second... I can't really think of any reason actually. Maybe I can communicate with Salome and her family in one more language. Well that's more or less just for fun anyway. Oh dear, now there's another reason! Rammstein and Einstürzende Neubauten are German. And actually if I somehow end up in Germany doing all those weird avant-garde (that's not a German term though... doing something un-German in Germany. Weird.) theatre, I need to speak their language anyway. Yep. I have heard theater-lovers in Europe like to do such things more than those in North America or well, Asia, Africa and anywhere else. Antarctica maybe.

*For all you North Americans, by theater I don't mean cinema.

I just love massive random blogging.

Ladies and bastards, soon I will publish some theatre-related stuff written by me here (that is, if I will ever get it done. It's just WAY too hot in Hong Kong. Brains don't really work under too high temperatures.)

"... und wenn dann der Kopf fällt, sag Ich, «Hop-la!»
Und das Schiff mit acht Segeln und mit fünfzig Kanonen, wird entschwinden mit mir..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home