the madcap laughs

...and he sees fairies dancing on the lawn

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Left handed thoughts...

I was wondering if Microsoft would ever create a skin/theme of windows and other apps for us lefties. For example the minimize-resize-close buttons will be on the top left, the vertical scrollbar will be on the left and the mouse pointer will be sort of pointing to the upper-right direction so that it wouldnt look weird for us lefties (or well, all the little hands become left hands instead.).

I was also thinking about what words I can type with my left hand only, with the standard fingering on a QWERTY keyboard and here's what I can think of at the moment: reverse, sad, get, bread, fart, art, feed, car, cart, dart, rat(s), zebra(s), bra(s) (!), screw(s), was, test(s), vest(s), best(!), FAQ(...), fest(well it isnt really a regular word is it...), bet(s), fat(:-\)...

Anymore?

And I won't do that for the right hand I guess, it's just pointless. I don't mean that right handers suck or what, I just think right handers will not really understand as much as we lefties understand right handers. In a sense I just right handers just take everything for granted, and they invent everything, nearly, in daily-life favouring themselves. Here are some examples if you can't even think of any: scissors, knives, computer stuff (as i have said before), tin can openers, cork screws, ticket gates of subways (in certain countries and cities), watches, clocks (why on earth can't they make more clocks which completes the circle in the other direction (I DO know such things exist, but they are just rare.)? ), screws...

Anyway. Just another sleepless night in Hong Kong, missing the days and people in dear o'Flekke.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home