the madcap laughs

...and he sees fairies dancing on the lawn

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

...while I was waiting for the semi-final game of the world cup, I picked up American Beauty about one third from the beginning- it was on TV somehow. I never bothered to watch it to be honest, for a reason or another. I used to think it must be some kind of commercial hollywoodish stuff- and I think I am wrong.

Not the best thing I've ever seen but it is enough to put me into another state of mind instead of the 'boring summer' mode.

I don't even know what to say about the movie. I know it isn't even close to anything like Donnie Darko nor the Butterfly Effect, but somehow I get the same feeling afterwards- the feeling that you want to have a nice iced glass of something, take a sip, walking through the snow under crisp moonlight to the smokers corner, alone or with a person, puffing away, turning myself into the intoxicated spaced out chimney. Something that has not come across my life for quite a while. No, not even the 'a glass of something' part. My body does not really approve of that in a way- of course my eyes always do on the other hand. But it is always better to clip the budding alcoflower than trying to burn it down while's blooming in his prime. The latter's just too painful.

So what now? Is the boy standing in front of the gates of hell going to make his turn? But deep down in the kitten's mind, why would she want to munch on canned pet food of the reality after trying fresh fishes from the human world, their dreamyland?

Cats must think us humans are all cripples.

'What do you mean, they can't use their front legs to walk at all? And you must be kidding me, they can't clean their bottoms with their tongues? What a bunch of indecent, incapable freaks. And they are stupid enough to hunt those metal rats which skin they don't eat nor let us eat either. Look, mice are so much better! Geez. Just HOW do they manage to survive for that long?'

It must be fun to be anything but humans.

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, July 04, 2006 12:45:00 p.m., Blogger Tugc said...

I have seen the butterfly effect last week, and i seriously loved it..that s such a cool movie..though i havent seen american beauty before..sometimes, small, stupid movies leave the same kinda influence on us because of the weak moments of ours..i guess that s all i can say about the influence it has left;)
for survival, i m sure there are some misterious ways of doing it..like everything else in this world..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home