the madcap laughs

...and he sees fairies dancing on the lawn

Sunday, June 18, 2006

I have a blanket, a brown blanket.
It wraps me in my sleep. Not only that actually. Nightmares of roughly the same nature engulf me during endless intoxicated nights when I see things with another pair of eyes- the ones that are embedded inside my head.

Most dreams are forgotten, while unpleasant or overpleasant dreams burn noticeable scars in my head, ones that you can see without other incidences reminding you. A giant red robot/dragon hybrid monster rises from behind the hills outside the living room building. The red disaster approaches, while demolishing everything on the way. Me, at that time a care-free child, standing by the window, spotted by the monster. And I wake up. I have been having the exact same vision for over 40 times during my childhood, within a period of maybe 5 years.

The thing is somehow I dream of things, and forget about them- as long as no similar incidents happen in the near future, which is not the usual case (as long as my life is at least a little bit more eventful than that at the moment). The 'overpleasant' dream that was so pleasant that it punctured my mind I had some time in Feburary or March actually came true in the end. I never knew my big wild dreams do come true.

That gets me thinking what's going to happen with that prolonged dream I had about the red monster. Nothing happened so far, luckily.

And so I had a rather graphic adventure last night. Basically it is about me trying to remove metal rods and rings and spikes and sticks and hooks and whatnot from a girl whose body, face, mouth, nose, eyes, ears, limbs, fingers, toes, everything you can think of, is pierced. A hook piercing the 'bell' right before her throat. A rod going from the upper roof of her mouth to the top ofher head, piercing her skull. The tip of her tongue connected with one of the flaps of her nose with a closed ring. A spike from a temple to an eyeball... you get the picture. There was hardly anything that was intact. Some wounds were healed but making her uncomfortable, some wounds are bleeding, and some rotting. For an unknown reason I had a feeling that I actually was not supposed to help her, because whenever I was trying to remove a piece of metal, I sensed that I was getting into deeper danger and shit. Seemed like I was trying to free some prisoner of the authority or something. Also I had to dodge from visitors, friends and family members somehow- and secretly return to that very room-in-the-shadow of mine to deal with the squirting blood, brain, body fluid, plus the ear drum tearing screams and moans, and the random rings of the doorbell and knocks on the door. Soon (or actually not so soon) there was one piercing left- the one going through her head from the upper roof of her mouth cavity to the top of her head.

And she died.

I haven't had such an intensive dream for a little while.

Then again most of my nightmares consists of similar stuff. Feeling of needing to hide/run, saving myself/someone from authorities/imprisonment/torture, and usually it contains a lot of pain somehow, somewhere in the process.

Wonder what my other pair of eyes are seeing and trying to let the ordinary ones see...

3 Comments:

At Monday, June 19, 2006 12:55:00 p.m., Blogger K. said...

wtf. i would die of shock in my own dream if i dreamt like you.
i stopped dreaming here.in both senses.

 
At Monday, June 19, 2006 1:56:00 p.m., Blogger Tugc said...

i wish i could know whatmy other pair of eyes see too..unfortunately i try to avoid dreaming..

 
At Monday, June 19, 2006 4:39:00 p.m., Blogger Gerbrith said...

I've started dreaming lately too... But my nightmares always have something to do with my friends transforming into something that tries to eat me or them turning on me in different ways.
But as K. said I'd freak out completely if I dreamt like you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home