the madcap laughs

...and he sees fairies dancing on the lawn

Monday, June 05, 2006

Trying to get a job, part I don't know what

So today I got irritated by something and pulled myself together and try to find a job. Ah, it was the lacking of classified ads in the newspaper we have. I always thought all newspapers should at least have some kind of classified ads of some sort- I was so wrong. So wrong that I flipped through the whole stack of it. And yet I still haven't figured out the cruel truth- not before I sighed and asked my mom where it is, and she replied 'I don't think this newspaper has a classified ads section.'

But she was watching me flipping through the newspapers all along!

Then I went on to the internet and randomly applied for 3 or 4 jobs which does not really require education levels that I don't have (usually a god fucking damn bachelor degree for the rage of Poseidon). Some random summer course teacher, some metal jewellery shopkeeper, some kind of Starbuck's-ish job. Think a person like me is going to get one for sure? We will see. I ain't too optimistic though- not because of my hair this time. Luckily they don't get to have a look at the caveman before they actually start reading the application e-mail. Then again guess what's all in my resumé? Of course mostly theatre related. What has theatre to do with all those crap I was applying for? Nothing. Did I hear someone asking why don't I find a summer job in some theatres?

DID I ACTUALLY HEAR SOMEONE ASKING THAT? AND HAVE I TOLD YOU THAT THEY ONLY WANT BIG SHOTS IN THOSE THEATRES?

So let's see what I am going to do. Standing at a cashier all day and ask people if they want a piece of cookie with the coffee (how fucking stereotypical of Fine Arts students/grads...), standing in front of a bunch of little buggers and reading them storybooks in English which they won't friggin understand (and hope that their parents won't think I'm a freak or a pedophile or simply a beggar who broke in and murdered (and possibly eaten) the *REAL* teacher), or standing at a cashier of a metal jewellery store and be grumpy (hey, that sounds like quite a happy ending for some Fine Arts grads already...).

I suppose once I get a job I won't even have time to come online and bitch about things that much. Here the word 'empolyers' is the synonym of 'bloodsuckers':

'Welcome to the machin... company. In order to get you, our dear employee, accustomed to the working environment, we practice long working hours, so you can get used to it as soon as possible. Nobody likes quitters. Neither do we, especially quitters who have announced that 'I'm quitting!' before they actually start, so we basically hat...discourage 'summerjobbers' like you, but if you are one of the lucky ones that we pity on, we plan to exploi...maximize the chance for you to show your talents during your temporary stay. Oh, one more thing. To save funds for furnishing the working space for a better working atmosphere, we are forced to lower the salary and lenghten the working hours, but you know it is for your own good... anyway, dear slav...employees, welcome to the mach...company where you will have a completely terrific slavin...working experience.'

Well, what am I bitching about? I haven't even got a job yet and how exactly would I know it is for sure going to be like that?

I'm just bored and feel like trying to be funny.
Time to read another day away- still have to finish Stanislavsky's.

Actually there might be another reason why I don't want to apply for a job. Maybe I just subconsciously want to stay at home all day and actually communicate with people, since I did not really find any to communicate well with while I was in Canada, and time difference did not allow me to stay at weird times of the day to talk to people whom I really long to have eternal long talks with. I am not sure if it is actually a reason though... prolly I'm just making it up to make y'all feel important and shit. F'get 'bout it.

I just found out another reason for freaking out for nothing today- to quote and modify captain Sparrow- But why is [rum] vodka gone?
No, Elizabeth (weirdly my mom's name's Eliza) did not burn it.

It's just all gone again.
Too bad that I really cannot afford to get another bottle.
Unless I get a job.
Oh wait. That would be for my travelling in winter and part of my tuition fee also.

So no gulputey glupley glup for a while.
Bummer. (When have I started using that word?)

3 Comments:

At Tuesday, June 06, 2006 12:10:00 a.m., Blogger Tugc said...

Well i gulputey glupley glub sometimes at nights before going to bed, but mostly not..i actually havent drunk properly lately..though i m smoking a bit, even when i m next to my mum..Plus the job..last year i was dying for a job and then i quitted after the first week, because of the bloodsucking procedure they had, plus since all the waitresses thought i was a tourist for some reson they started showing a bit disturbing interest in me..so maybe it is fun toi stay at home, right?

 
At Tuesday, June 06, 2006 12:42:00 a.m., Blogger derniko said...

:D The image of parents being horrified of you, thinking you have just broken in and eaten a teacher to get a teaching job... Good luck still :) .
I better try and get the job I want to have at the moment now - being a guide in the Botanical Gardens ;) . We shall see, we shall see.

 
At Tuesday, June 06, 2006 8:02:00 p.m., Blogger K. said...

well i just started working today so that i can pay for all my trips next year... however, it seems like i really really really need to slow down and see if i would actually be able to cover my expenses for this summer first...
good luck with the job search.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home