the madcap laughs

...and he sees fairies dancing on the lawn

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Out of inspiration.

I think I spent all my inspiration and energy trying to learn how to use a midi writing program and try to write some pathetic songs. Ended up with something. Not anything excellent. Not anything I can't play on the piano in real life though.

Somehow I feel obliged to post something, and I stumbled across Mads' blog which reminds of me those self-analyzing stuff which was made famous by that Proust person.
---------------------------------------------------
What is your most marked characteristic?
- Being myself, I think? (I really can't tell)
What do you consider your greatest achievement?
- ...not losing myself, I think? (Can't tell either)
When and where were you happiest?
- Days around 10th Sept, 2nd year, Flekke.
What is your greatest regret?
- That I chose the wrong continent to be born in while I actually had the chance to choose while I was still up there.
What is your idea of perfect happiness?
- Like, 'maximum' happiness? No idea or else I won't get sad now and then, no?
What is your most treasured possession?
- My ability to let my mind fly.
Where would you like to live?
- My blue cocoon.
What is your greatest fear?
- To grow up and become one of them.
What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
- Childish.
What is the trait you most deplore in others?
- To be something that they cannot be.
What do you consider the most overrated virtue?
- Sex? Wait... is it a virtue? Well, if not, then money-making ability, that is.
What is your greatest extravagance?
- Nothing probably... my mind?
What is your favorite journey?
- Any destination within the boundaries my imagination (which don't really exist).
What is it that you most dislike?
- Commonness.
What is the quality you most like in a man?
- Ability to be not stereotypically masculine.
What is the quality you most like in a woman?
- Ability to be not stereotypically feminine.
What do you most value in your friends?
- Genuiness.
If you were to come back as a person or thing, what do you think it would be?
- Myself, with short, really deep blue fur and 3 feathery wings and 3 bat-like wings on either sides of my back.
If you could choose what to come back as, what would it be?
- Myself. Unchanged. Well, a bit taller and a bit more insane maybe.
How would you like to die?
- On stage. Preferrably during a performance where the plot is that my character gets killed.
What is your favorite occupation?
- Going anywhere led by my imagination.
What is your favorite color?
- Black.
What is your favorite bird?
- Crows.
Who are your favorite prose writers?
- Honestly I don't read much. If I have to say, it'll have to be Artaud for his madness and uniqueness, Stanislavsky for his sanity, and Antonine de Saint-Exupéry for his imagination. And let's just not forget myself, for the mix of the three above.
Who are your favoite poets?
- Nothing I read can be counted as real poems. Björk, Marilyn Manson, and Pink Floyd have good lyrics though. As good as poems.
Who is your favorite hero of fiction?
- Mowgli.
Who are your favorite heroines of fiction?
- Aphrodite, if she is really of fiction instead of a real goddess.
Who are your favorite composers?
- Nothing classical. So it's like one of those 'what are your fav. bands?' question?
Who are your favorite painters?
- Painters. How narrow- why can't it be 'visual artists' instead? THE favourite would be nothing surprising (yes, YOU). Otherwise... no idea.
Who are your heroes in real life?
- Artaud. And myself.
Who are your favorite heroines of history?
- Miss Grolimund and Miss Toivonen.
What historical figures do you most despise?
- Dolly's mom. Why? Why can't you just have an abortion, you SHEEP! See what have you done to uniqueness? You are KILLING the concept of it! You made the concept of cloning and commonness cool and okay and possible. You ignorant SHEEP!
What event in military history do you most admire?
- Ché and Fidel. They HAD good intentions. Now Fidel has just gone all bleepbweugh.
What reform do you most admire?
- The rise of the theatre of the absurd and the rise of modern forms of theatre.
What is your present state of mind?
- 'Life is a state of mind'. (Vittu... why did I even quote that, oh WHY?)
To what faults do you feel most indulgent?
- Commonness.
What is your motto?
- Do as your feelings say. (I just made that thing up at the spot. Never tried to put that idea into one single coherent phrase.)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear! It was boring to answer those stupid questions. Better than doing nothing though. That guy from the jewellery shop still hasn't replied me about his phone number which is one digit too few.

2 Comments:

At Thursday, June 08, 2006 8:49:00 p.m., Blogger K. said...

sorry for plagiarizing the questions.

 
At Friday, June 09, 2006 12:48:00 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, havent seen you in ages. back in hong kong anytime this summer?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home