the madcap laughs

...and he sees fairies dancing on the lawn

Sunday, November 19, 2006

She will if i shine.

Characters:
MOON
STAR
PYROMANIAC- a grotesque figure with red and grotesquely long left arm and leg but lame [or even missing] right limbs, the right half of the face scraped off.

Stage directions in [ ] can simply be ignored, but they are not necessarily to be taken literally

STAR: β€œOn every thirtieth day of February...”
MOON: My diamond how I dance I know well and there is no such date even when I leap.
STAR: There was a spark in my head, on that day β€œ... how a sun doth shine, the diamonds shall too.”
MOON: I wish you knew how to blaze the blazes you wish for.

MOON chuckles and laughs, about to kiss STAR on the lips but just when their lips are about to meet she leaves
[A fierce meteor shower is seen hitting STAR after MOON exits but he does not seem to be affected by it]

STAR: I shall glow as a thousand suns glow just watch me watch me.

PYROMANIAC appears [lava leaks from the right side of PYRO's body as he speaks]
[By the time they finish the following exchange their pathways should have drawn a pentagram on the floor- PYRO walked the double circle and STAR walked the 'star']

PYRO: My crazy diamond you are the one and the time has come.
STAR: Come make me shine.
PYRO: And your beauty will be mine.
STAR: Never never never my love my moon.
PYRO: It would not be fair if I receive nothing in return.
STAR: Perhaps perhaps my own beauty?
PYRO: If she will love you still.
STAR: She will if I shine.

PYROMANIAC embraces and caresses STAR with passion yet tenderly with his left arm and grows a right arm and a right leg and STAR is glowing and glowing as the caressing happens [and PYRO repeats softly from now on in different rhythms and pitches: Das Feuer liebt dich]

STAR: Scorching am I I am scorching. Shining like how a sun should. My love come feel my heat... heat...

STAR burns to a lengthy death with eyes wide open, dazed and amazed with the right side completely burnt

STAR: (a silent scream before he drops dead)

Dead Silence

One can hear MOON dancing at the same time [maybe a slow tap dance]

MOON: I wish I knew how to dance the dance he talked of.

MOON dances and keeps on dancing desperately until her feet bleeds [and wears away to nothing but two bloody lumps] and collapses

The end.

1 Comments:

At Monday, November 27, 2006 1:15:00 a.m., Blogger Tugc said...

you use a star in your plays a lot of times...this one sounds deeper than it seems..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home