the madcap laughs

...and he sees fairies dancing on the lawn

Thursday, November 09, 2006

another step into a new stage of life

in less than a month i will move into my new place.
in less than a month i will be done with the first half of my second year.
in less than a month i will be leaving for a while.
in less than a month... so much work to be done in less than a month.

in less than a month i will be hopping into yet another brand new stage of life.

something should be done in preparation.

our hair contains our memories. my hair remembers flying from hong kong to amsterdam to oslo. my hair remembers how it gets permed into a mini fro. my hair remembers all the 10 hour bus rides between flekkeland and oslo. my hair remembers my roomates and friends in both years. my hair remembers the 3 trials of dreadlocks which had to be aborted with metal forks. my hair remembers how pierre got angry with the class during operation dayswork and stunned all of us. my hair remembers how much fun we had doing the 18+ version of the wizard of oz while scratching J.Lo's scalp when i dashed offstage totally intoxicated. my hair remembers winters. my hair remembers depressions and is still remembering. my hair remembers nokia very well. erschwil too. my hair stores all the memories from 3 and a half years ago, the last time i had a real haircut.

something should be done in preparation as i said.

i have decided to partly say a final goodbye to flekkeland, after making sure that my hair carries too much memories that i could have stored in my head. or maybe i have finally categorized flekkeland as a distant memory, distant enough that i no more have the need to retain certain features of those days in order to remind myself of the days- in fact i have never totally accepted it is indeed distant already. not even during going back there and saying the supposedly final goodbye.

using a grotesquely big pair of schipp-schnapps i released myself from hanging too tight on the memories of flekkeland. but some part of it cried, 'hold!' and i listened. i figured keeping the concentrates of the distant memories of the past 3 and so years on my back would be a delightful compromise. today i carry memories as far as the beginning of my last year in flekkeland on my sides right above my shoulders and behind me down on my back i retained everything, in addition to relocating the once so close memories next to my blue cocoon and label the new place as a distant memory.

something was done in preparation after all.

but i wonder if it looks any different at all-

in fact the carriers of my formal proximal memories still lie silently on the floor, curled up into a tiny ball fighting the autumn chills. from time to time i still pat my little black cat which is merely as big as my two fists put together. so tiny yet so much weight. so much weight and so much weight it used to have.

and now i carry the weight deep in my skully secret garden next to my blue cocoon in order to free up spaces for the future, the exciting new stage.

1 Comments:

At Thursday, November 09, 2006 8:08:00 p.m., Blogger K. said...

it was time.
congratulations.
these are the lyrics of another amazing melotron song i was just listening to as I was reading your post:

Melotron - Wach auf

Kein Held erscheint, wenn man ihn
braucht
Und kein Schiff kommt und nimmt dich
auf
Wenn du ganz langsam untergehst

Man denkt so oft, man kann nicht mehr
Jeder Schritt fllt einem schwer
Die Welt erscheint als bser Traum

Wach auf
Die Zukunft liegt in deiner Hand
Steh auf
Denn du bist nicht allein

Und wer nicht sieht
Was uns vereint
Und wer nicht wei
Was uns immer weiter treibt
Der lebt umsonst !

Wer nicht erkennt
Was wirklich zaehlt
Wer nicht begreift
Das alles hier nur ein Moment ist
Der stirbt umsonst !

Es gibt nicht viel, woran du glaubst
Doch ich bin da, wenn du mich brauchst
Wenn wir gemeinsam untergehen

Wach auf
Die Zukunft liegt in deiner Hand
Steh auf
Denn du bist nicht allein

Und wer nicht sieht
Was uns vereint
Und wer nicht wei
Was uns immer weiter treibt
Der lebt umsonst !

Wer nicht erkennt
Was wirklich zaehlt
Wer nicht begreift
Das alles hier nur ein Moment ist
Der stirbt umsonst !

***

hugs,
k

 

Post a Comment

<< Home