the madcap laughs

...and he sees fairies dancing on the lawn

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

I have spent 5 minutes thinking of the title of this post. And I ended up using no titles- it's not like this post is going to be concentrated on one topic anyway.

Let's start with typing some boring daily reports, then hopefully I will have inspirations to write something more interesting. Does it matter though? Doesn't seem like I have a lot of readers anyway. Well it's not like I crave for friends or anything, but I just find this a little bit sick- I am just constantly talking to myself, but instead of looking into a mirror and speak as I did back in my younger days, the mirror has just become a keyboard and a blog. Anyway, this can be elaborated after I report my day maybe. Or should I talk about my day at all? Who would be interested in a non-social university student's boring school day life anyway? At least I won't be. I can even fall asleep or feel annoyed when I think of how dull my day is. Wait- I think I'm contradicting myself here. Didn't I say I don't mind being alone, and in fact I do like being alone? Yes. Of course I did. But not like THIS. I don't know. Just that I don't feel very good about today.

I thought I was going to have a production meeting of some theatre performance in the afternoon but, with a brain size of a monkey, it is not surprising that I forgot when. So I woke up at eight in the dear morning and ran to the theatre basement to check the crew call notice board. Fine. Half-five in the evening. I actually doubted if I should attend the meeting because apparently I asked my teacher, who is the T.D. of the whole production said something like,'well everyone who signed up should come...' in a more friendly way in his e-mail reply. Then I went to the meeting and well, it wasn't exactly what I was expecting. There are 4 plays in that production, and only the people in the first 2 were there, somehow... So I made a complete idiot out of myself. Well, good that my teacher helped me out a little bit. During the introduction time, it was my turn and I just said,'hey, uh, I'm Derek, but- I'm actually only working for the 3rd play (this meeting is only for the people involved in the 1st and 2nd ones), but Anil (my teacher) said I should come also, so... you guys basically don't have to know me since I'm not really supposed to be here.' Then my dear teacher said something like yeah I have told Derek that people from other parts of the production were always welcome and it's nothing bad just to see how it works blah blah blah. So I ended up sitting down listening to a, pretty amateur production meeting. Probably because we ARE amateurs. Then halfway of the meeting I couldn't stand the boredom and just said sorry & thank you just to be polite and left. I mean, I actually don't really care if I made a fool out of myself in front of the others. I just think all the waking up at 8 and thus suffering from a bad mood all day was not worth. It's a little bit annoying when I finally try to be a responsible person for a little bit and I was responsible on something that I wasn't supposed to. Annoying.

So, German grammar is kililng me now. Yet again, a child-monkey's brain does NOT have the capacity to remember all the correct grammar. I can basically pretty much understand as much normal spoken German as I should- meaning the things that were taught in class. I can also express myself slowly and with limited vocabulary, but usually not really in correct grammar which is my biggest concern. Also pronounciation and accent has to be worked on, but living in Norway for two years somehow helped me understand pronouncing European languages. I mean it.

Right, now I'm done with my daily report of what I've done. What else should I say? I have lost track of my own little world recently. I cannot relate anything to it. I cannot even notice the crows anymore. The trees are not thrusting into different directions with a specific exploding or contracting motion anymore. The air does not become visible and form incredible bubbles or tubes anymore. I start to hear and comprehend people's conversations in the dining hall. I cannot picture myself running in a maze or hopping around in my little red boots anymore. These all should not happen. I guess I should do something to find my way back. I don't want to get kick out of my own world by myself unwillingly. Sounds pathetic and contradicting but that is happening somehow. I don't know how I managed to do that but well, sometimes I won't know how I made the decision to jump onto that plane and flew to Norway and stayed for two years. But it is different. Norway good. Kicked out of my own world no good. Errrh. Me thinks a vodka bottle sits on one of my speakers. Why is vodka gone? No good. See dirty clothes on the floor. Why is them dirty? Errrrh. No good, eh? Ay, no good.

(someone yelled: Captain! Why don't ye post thy writing 'gain? No one saw't me thinks...)

Right.

«hiding behind a daisy petal»

put me in the wooden ship
cast seven spells t'seal it tight
my dreams will be my pilot
when they fly me to the moon

sleep me among purple flowers
bring two coins and c'ver my sight
my dreams are now my pilot
and i'm flying to the moon

fly me to the mother moon
come five fairies t'kiss me g'night
my dreams say when night's over
i will be back on the moon

waltz me out of t'wretched world
shed no tears for i'll shine bright
my dreams have brought me hither
the soft cradle of the moon

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, October 19, 2005 6:34:00 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey... please write some more? I really like your stuff.

Crappy days happen to us all, so you're not alone.
And about being unwillingly kicked out by yourself... Perhaps you are just evolving? Can't you bring your world with you? Even if it needs to be expanded, maybe you don't need to let it go.
If you want to run in the maze with your little red boots, write about it. If you can't bring it out automatically, yell at it! Scream at it until it comes back. If it doesn't work, perhaps you should just let it rest. Sometimes these things are shy, and need time to settle in a new place before they come out. I know.. I have had the same feeling...

Good Luck

 

Post a Comment

<< Home