the madcap laughs

...and he sees fairies dancing on the lawn

Monday, October 10, 2005

I can't sleep.

So I got bored and decided to change the layout of my blog. I love the circles. I absolutely do- just that, I am a little bit bored of them- and they tend to drive my eyes crazy late at night, when my eyes are tired, my head is itching but my brain does not want to go to sleep. I also changed the title of it and added a description. It doesn't mean too much to me honestly, both are just quotes from the play I'm reading for my theatre class, and it's titled 'Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead'. A play inspired by Shakespeare's Hamlet, apparently. I, of course do agree with the title, it's not like 'wow, it sounds cool, let's put it as my blog's title and look cool myself'... well, people who read this blog usually know me well enough and I don't really think I should go on explaining why I agree or any similar matters touching the concept of living spontaneously.

*EDIT: the folloring paragraph IS long but please, bear with me. It's worth reading I promise.

Tomorrow is officially Thanksgiving in Canada. So it is gonna be a public holiday or something like that, and as I said, most of the people are gone. I am just wondering who on earth had been doing the exact same thing at the exact same time as I did- taking time difference into consideration too. Actually I should say I have always been wondering. Alright, here is an example, just in case my verbal skill is not good enough to express my stupid little thought. There we go: I woke up at 9am, went to brush my teeth, then talked to people and went to the dining hall, hoping to get something for takeaway. Then finding out there's nothing I wanted to eat, I walked back and had a cigarette... Then I read 'R&G are Dead', couldn't fall asleep and thought about if anyone would be doing the same thing as I did throughout the day, taking time difference into consideration. Now, would there be a person on this earth who also woke up at 9am, went to brush his/her teeth, then talked to people and went to a restaurant or dining hall, hoping to get something for takeaway. Then finding out there's nothing s/he wanted to eat, s/he walked back and had a cigarette... Then s/he read 'R&G are Dead', couldn't fall asleep and thought about if anyone would be doing the same thing as s/he did throughout the day, taking time difference into consideration. There we go, someone like me, who woke up at 9am, went to brush my teeth, then talked to people and... you see what I'm getting at? Would it be scary to think about you are not that unique? Have you realized how funny it is to create infinite loops going into one direction with such a simple thought, an easy concept, joining people's lives? Really, I would like to find a person who by chance did exactly the same or extremely similar things for roughly the same durations as I did on the same day. Would that be a person who is very similar to me? Would that just be a random person just because I slept for the whole day on any given random day? I am getting slightly caught up in this idea- this can turn out to be a good play. Or would it just turn into a dull infinite loop that lasts for 100 years, with actors dying and new actors joining. And then in the end, acting will be the same as reality- and reality will essentially become acting for those actors. At the beginning the actors are just acting out a fake routine of life, pretending that they actually did those and found someone who did the same things. Then that someone will be essentially acting also, since s/he is performing. But soon, after a few hours' time, or a few day's time, reality starts to blend in... See? Another loop. Or is it? I am too lazy/stupid to figure it out. If it's not, just leave a comment and tell me how stupid and childish I am. Go ahead, don't be shy, you know I don't care. Then you guys will just say I'm stupid and childish. And... Loop. Gee this is a stupid one. Forget about it. Help me figure out the acting loop. It's a good way to kill time- unless a)I'm really so stupid that I think everyone else would also need a certain amount of time and soberness as I do, b)There exists some kind of really clever readers of my blog.

Well, then again, who except me would be weird or 'clever' enough to actually think of and post such an idea at a quarter to one late at night? (I think I am really stuck with the 'loop' problem...)

Loop. I like this word. Sounds funny.

My hair itches. I am gonna wash it tomorrow morning.

1 Comments:

At Monday, October 10, 2005 10:55:00 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely, your blog is very poetic, it almost like reading something said by stephen fry, how are you buy the way?
Love
D.l

 

Post a Comment

<< Home