the madcap laughs

...and he sees fairies dancing on the lawn

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Have you ever...

... had the weird feeling of something grabbing or pulling your heart from the inside? I probably mean the feeling of being nervous. No, not nervous. The little bit of adrenaline rush from time to time, like before a performance, before a fencing match. I actually like it, if it doesn't come so often and provided I can smoke and drink whenever I feel like.

It has been weird. I am going to Canada in less than 2 weeks. I have so many little adrenaline rushes recently yet I can't enjoy it with a nice Davidoff. Annoying. This is probably the first time in years that I really feel pressure about studying. I know I cannot screw it up too much in university since I need a scholarship and after all I am planning to major in theatre so I guess I should pay attention to my future classes. If I screw up university that basically means I screw up my future. I have to be good to find a job. I have to find a job to stay in Canada. I have to...

Argh.

Whoever hands me a package of original Davidoff cigarettes will be highly appreciated.

I can just foresee so many challenges coming up in my life in the next 4 or 5 years. Major screw-it-up-and-you-will-rot-forever challenges I am talking about, I guess. I have to try everything I can to stay in touch with Salome, I gotta do well in school to go on getting scholarships, I have to learn well in my theatre courses since it is literally a preparation for my future, I have to take part in produdctions to gain experience, I have to get connections to secure a job after graduating, I gotta look for an apartment by the end of the spring term, I have to plan what to do in my summer- balancing between travelling and working...

I have never met such problems, not even the biggest exams I did back in Hong Kong. It's scary and exicting at the same time. I would really like to know how it is to live independently, completely. Then again I am actually afraid of the process of fitting into the adult society.

Screw it, a cig I said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home