the madcap laughs

...and he sees fairies dancing on the lawn

Monday, September 05, 2005

So I'm in SFU now.

And it is a bit funny here. People are not as open as in RCN of course, and it seems like all they care about is partying and smoking up. I find it a bit, stupid in a sense. Some might say, 'welcome back to reality, kid.' And I absolutely agree. The two years in Flekke is like a dream, nearly everyone is nice and all that. The orientation week was somewher boring and tiring. I mean it's good to get to talk to some of the people, but on the other hand it's just too tiring to walk around all easy, especially when I havent got over my jetlag yet.

And there are just so much stuff I have to do for settling down- looking for books which are out of stock at the moment, fill in and hand in two insurance forms, buying this and that, figuring out how I can get the money for my scholarship, get a cell phone service plan, book travel for winter, look for a place to live after spring semester... and pretty much everything is somewhat related to money. Once you have become a university student, everything seem to be around money. Everything is about money. People will actually get exicted about merely a free meal or pieces of free cakes. Weird.

One more odd thing is, there are just too many people aroundn on campus. It's so different from Flekke, where only around 200 people is on campus, everyone knows each other and people actually have interesting talks, rumours and stuff. In here, people are just, so, 'different' in a sense yet so similar to each other. They are different from the people in RCN, but their interests just don't interest me. I wish I could find a couple of people like those in Flekke and get to know them. It's not like I don't want to make friends with people here, but I just don't want 'friends' that is merely for partying purposes. I had enough of that in Hong Kong, and I for sure wouldn't want more of those. I don't know. That's one big reason why I don't feel like socializing too much. I don't feel like I fit into here honestly. Maybe the annoying problem of 'I just don't want to fit into the world and become "everyone"' is coming up again. I will see.

School is starting tomorrow and nothing seems easy at all. The calculus course which I thought would be easy, and after reading the course outline, I start to doubt if it would be THAT easy. I just hope that won't occupy me too much time since I would like to concentrate more on German and the two other theatre courses.

Talking about school, it's a bit stressful when I realized I actually have to work hard to keep my scholarship, and to be eligeble for possible further scholarships and financial help. Why is every-fucking-thing about money? I hope I'll get better once school starts, then I will just be overwhelmed by schoolwork and have no time to think about all these crap.

2 Comments:

At Monday, September 05, 2005 3:15:00 p.m., Blogger Egetusmeister said...

Derek, I'm sure you would love a diet since you're so extremely fat :D
OMG. Why these ads! So annoying. And btw, wait till i start whining about London :P

 
At Monday, September 05, 2005 9:57:00 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHA!
U write more here than in xanga...

A good Blog for me..
to know more about u in SFU...haa~~!
Cheers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home