the madcap laughs

...and he sees fairies dancing on the lawn

Friday, September 23, 2005

General thoughts...

Thought math would be my easiest course but it turns out to be my biggest burden this term... sucks. So there is a little story about my first math assignment: I didnt really know where to hand it in so I put it on the wrong shelf instead of stuffing it into some wicked hidden pegion hole... so today when I went to hand in my second assignment to the right place, I somehow found my assignment #1 marked 'Late: 0/6'.

Sweet. 5 fucking hours of work down the drain. We all love math don't we? But don't worry, I promised myself not to do anymore math even if I get a 4.0 in this math course in the end.

And I managed to hammer my thumb on a wriggle (sp?) nail. Yes. I am not good at using hammers. So I missed and I hammered my own thumb on the edge of that flat piece of metal. 'I think... I hit something.' I didnt realize I was bleeding all over the flat we were building until, yeah, I saw it. Then a minute later my working partner hit her thumb exactly the same way I did. It was probably my sweater- the one with a skeleton drilling its own skull. It's the jinx of the workshop- I am not gonna wear it to that class anymore. Yes I am superstitious, especially when it comes to things about theatre. (Just like, I believe Artaud will phone/e-mail me one day and say I should keep my work up and I will make it one day- well that's not superstitious now is it... :P)

So, Hamlet is getting better in a way, actually, I mean, at least now I get how the story goes:

Uncle killed Papa Hamlet and married Mama Hamlet. Hamlet is not happy. Little Hamlet saw Papa Hamlet. Little Hamlet, who thinks he is a corward promised to revenge. Little Hamlet pretends he was crazy. Uncle sent tons of people spying on Little Hamlet to see what the fuck was going on with him. Little Hamlet killed his girlfriend's father and made her crazy. Uncle sent Little Hamlet to England to have him killed but somehow Little Hamlet found the way home. Uncle also sent Rosencrantz and Guildenstern with Little Hamlet but somehow they died. Little Hamlet's girlfriend drowned herself. Girlfriend's brother came back and got pissed off. Uncle and girlfriend's brother wanted to kill Little Hamlet. They all died, either from the poisonous blade or poisonous drink in the end.

-Curtains-

Shakespeare, please, learn how to spell ROSENCRANTZ.

Hmm, what else?
Yeah, I have been doing nothing much except reading Little Hamlet's family scandal. Well Deutsch ist gut. But the grammar is killing me right now. It gets extremely complicated and... yeah. I just don't have the capacity for it yet.

I have really been thinking about getting dreadlocks again, but some problems arose at the exact moment that idea came up: how the hell can I get a role in productions properly? I am not any specifically good actor, plus my dreadlocks I am pretty sure I am not gonna get any (roles. No naughty thoughts here. Not in this paragraph.). And even if I am not planning to act too much, what if I get all those dust and wood crumbs and stuff in my dreads during the production technology class (in which I hammered my thumb...)? Anyway, I will figure out. I might just go up to the director of the school of contemporary arts and ask, 'oi, dreadlocks won't affect my chances here right?' Or I might not even ask actually, who cares? I don't think anyone will reject a director because he has dreadlocks... or will they? Njah. Emmi and Salome aren't around so I will probably never have free dreadlock (and un-dreadlock-ing) services anymore... Gee I miss those days when there are actually people who care about you and are willing to spend ages to fix your lovely (or not-so-lovely) hair... Gee. Geez. Geeze. Geeeeeeeeeee. What?

There's gonna be a UWC-grads in SFU gathering somewhere out there in someone's house... me and Lukas will try to get there somehow- hope we can arrive safe and come back alive.

Right- dinner time.

2 Comments:

At Friday, September 23, 2005 7:04:00 p.m., Blogger K. said...

Hallo!
Wie geht's? i am suffering through the same shit with german just like you... ugh. I am alone this weekend (all friends occupied... :() so I have nothing to do with myself but study and try to be useful in some shape or form... haven't figured out how though. can't socialize. i just can't. and it seems to be too late anyways... djfaldkakjgh.
ok take care, enjoy the uwc grad thing. if blogspot hadn't fucked itself up right as I was posting my message, you would have seen that I also went to a UWC meeting, in boston... anyways...
love, kate
p.s.: NO dreadlocks, PLEASE!

 
At Saturday, September 24, 2005 10:15:00 a.m., Blogger Egetusmeister said...

Aiaiaia... Grab the nearest fork and there's your free dreadlocking service, well self-service :D
But, oi, come on, aye, maybe LATER I can fix 'em for you ;)
And good boy for writing again. I gotta have something to read here, since you know that I don't interact with anyone.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home